The United Kingdom is no longer a part of the European Union (EU), and a withdrawal agreement has been signed and made efficient from January 1st 2021.
This means that online businesses sending goods across the UK and EU need to be vigilant in regards to new rules and guidelines. Although the rules are not as strict as some predicted by some, there will be changes and considerations to be made.
- No tariffs or quotas have been alloted on trades, signifying that there is no need to pay customs duties on goods shipped across the EU-UK border.
- The free movement of goods has ended. Now you must document, register, and process customs clearance regardless of duty free customs.
Regarding your consignments please note that:
- Be sure to check up on your carrier agreements. Are you in need of new agreements or do you have the same options for your shipments under the new rules? (PostNord Mypack, Collect, Return drop off, and Pickup Request amongst others are no longer covering the UK)
- Have your freight expenses changed?
It is not unlikely for your freight rates to have changed. They may have upped since the new agreement has been put into effect, and therefore it may be an idea for you to seek out more profitable offers on freight rate solutions.
- Be sure that you have acquired the necessary details on your customs clearance documentation.
You also need to be sure to have information attached such as the EORI-number of your business and essential information on your products such as unit price, tariff numbers, and country of origin.
Please read the information located at virk.dk if you are yet to acquire a EORI-number. Read here how you add EORI-numbers to your Webshipper-solution.
At Webshipper we have made sure to remove the UK from the list of EU countries, which means you will be required to create customs information for shipments to the UK.
Please read more on Paperless Customs here, if it is not something you already utilize at Webshipper.
Also, read the press release published on December 28th, 2020 by Dansk Erhverv. Here you will also be able to read more about financial services, insurance, contracts, VAT and tax, and much more.
Get Tips & Tricks directly in your inbox
We continuously update our website with Tips & Tricks in the form of blog posts, video and podcast.
Sign up and get notification when we have Tips & Tricks for you.